Filter suggestion for My tank

It's all about nutrition and hygiene. Talk about food, filters etc here
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby vikramdutta » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:55 am

You have hell lot of options, but tally the price and then buy.
User avatar
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 12:18 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby Sushil » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:26 am

hi bappa

check your PM
Rider of the storm

Sushil
Sushil
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: Ranchi
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby bappa » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 am

Thanks Sushil
Thanks
BAPPA....

Math. The only place where people buy 60 watermelons and no one wonders why....:)
User avatar
bappa
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 am
Location: Kolkata
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby rahul » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:53 pm

if you cant afford eheim then go for chinese brands.its simple
User avatar
rahul
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3872
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby bappa » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:48 am

hello
rahul

like sunsun ? i have already look on the sunsun filter review

thanks
Thanks
BAPPA....

Math. The only place where people buy 60 watermelons and no one wonders why....:)
User avatar
bappa
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 am
Location: Kolkata
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby aquaamal » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:14 am

I think before spending much of money you should visit the website of algae scrubber. Type algae scrubber in google you will get lot of real information about practical filter aspects from it. I have 200 liter tank with discus fish which require highly specific water parameter. I have only Algae scrubber on the top of the tank and nothing ( Of course heater is there which is separate issue ). I have built it myself at a cost of 400 - 500 Rs. That's it. Nothing more than that. I am happy and discus fish are also happy and running for over a year. You may think absurd but before that please go through the website and then comeback.More over this is suitable for marine tank also. If you could not get the website ask me I will give you the link. Be happy.You can contact me over my Mobile 7278821388
aquaamal
New KAC Member
New KAC Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 pm
Location: Near DumDum Kolkata.
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby SanamMarik » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:41 am

aquaamal wrote:I think before spending much of money you should visit the website of algae scrubber. Type algae scrubber in google you will get lot of real information about practical filter aspects from it. I have 200 liter tank with discus fish which require highly specific water parameter. I have only Algae scrubber on the top of the tank and nothing ( Of course heater is there which is separate issue ). I have built it myself at a cost of 400 - 500 Rs. That's it. Nothing more than that. I am happy and discus fish are also happy and running for over a year. You may think absurd but before that please go through the website and then comeback.More over this is suitable for marine tank also. If you could not get the website ask me I will give you the link. Be happy.You can contact me over my Mobile 7278821388

what about the mechanical filtration part?? :-w :-?
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
User avatar
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic
 
Posts: 2445
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:03 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby aquaamal » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:29 am

Algae scrubbers are not brushes! Scrubbers are devices which use light and flowing water to remove the “bad” things (nutrients) from aquarium water, while leaving the “good” things (food, nutrition) in. Unlike the scrapers/scrubbers that we use to clean glass, an algae scrubber does not physically clean anything. Instead, the “scrubbing” is when the “dirty” water passes through an algae scrubber, and then the “clean” water comes out. The water is thus “scrubbed” clean of nutrients (nutrients are “bad”, but nutrition is good). It's a new idea to me at least. I got it from the web and running successfully with a very little investment
aquaamal
New KAC Member
New KAC Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 pm
Location: Near DumDum Kolkata.
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby vikramdutta » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:30 am

SanamMarik wrote:
aquaamal wrote:I think before spending much of money you should visit the website of algae scrubber. Type algae scrubber in google you will get lot of real information about practical filter aspects from it. I have 200 liter tank with discus fish which require highly specific water parameter. I have only Algae scrubber on the top of the tank and nothing ( Of course heater is there which is separate issue ). I have built it myself at a cost of 400 - 500 Rs. That's it. Nothing more than that. I am happy and discus fish are also happy and running for over a year. You may think absurd but before that please go through the website and then comeback.More over this is suitable for marine tank also. If you could not get the website ask me I will give you the link. Be happy.You can contact me over my Mobile 7278821388

what about the mechanical filtration part?? :-w :-?

This person is promoting Algae scrubber. In every post he is making the same comment.
User avatar
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 12:18 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Filter suggestion for My tank

Postby SanamMarik » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:39 am

aquaamal wrote:Algae scrubbers are not brushes! Scrubbers are devices which use light and flowing water to remove the “bad” things (nutrients) from aquarium water, while leaving the “good” things (food, nutrition) in. Unlike the scrapers/scrubbers that we use to clean glass, an algae scrubber does not physically clean anything. Instead, the “scrubbing” is when the “dirty” water passes through an algae scrubber, and then the “clean” water comes out. The water is thus “scrubbed” clean of nutrients (nutrients are “bad”, but nutrition is good). It's a new idea to me at least. I got it from the web and running successfully with a very little investment

R u out of ur mind?? U r doing chemical filtration nd removing nutrients. Correct. But if you take out the nutrients, thn who is gonna providee nutrition??
I did a v brief searching on google nd found its good to hav for planted tanks hwever, i cant say surely w/o trying. Nt every tank generates algae, neither ammonia that the filters cant handle. Please do study well nd thn post. Misleasing peiple aint a leader's job.
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
User avatar
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic
 
Posts: 2445
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:03 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 92 times

PreviousNext

Return to Food and Equipments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron