Need help on carnivore food

It's all about nutrition and hygiene. Talk about food, filters etc here
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Need help on carnivore food

Postby santa123 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:45 am

Dear Masters and Friends: I am keeping Asian Arowanas with some other carnivores. Currently I am feeding below foods.

1. Market Prawn- as regular food at morning.
2. Hikari Tropical food sticks/AR-G1
3. Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pallets
4. Fresh water Fish Fillet
5. rarely Arowana gourmet(QH)-very rarely(3 months once) as it is occasionally available and costly too.

Please let me know I want to shift from Market prawn to below foods as I am unsure of the food value of MP after removing the skin. And I also feel insects are always a better option than fish/meat, but in other hand finding other live foods are rare in Kolkata. Need your suggestion if I want to shift on below food.

1. Earth Worm- available alive. whether it can be a regular food. Will it create indigestion.
2. Meal Worm- I do not find any seller nearby Kolkata? Will MW will be better than MP? If you can suggest with some seller.
3. Super Worm- I do not find any seller nearby Kolkata? Will MW will be better than MP? If you can suggest with some seller.
4. Crickets & frogs- Do not think about crickets as these are not cultured in India and due to destruction of forrest and use of chemical in paddy fields has reduced the Frog population also reducing drastically.

Need your suggestions on an alternate live food for my dishes.
santa123
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Need help on carnivore food

Postby santa123 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:29 am

Dear Monster keepers: need your suggestions.
santa123
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Return to Food and Equipments