Neverland: The Return to the Lost World (New Pics@pg22)

Document the life cycle of your planted tank in details step by step
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Neverland: The Return to the Lost World (Updates @ pg18)

Postby vikramdutta » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:04 am

aquarajan wrote:There have been lot of alterations to the tank and unfortunately I have been so busy with work these few months that I chose over spending time with the tank over posting pics or updates. But will be updating you whenever I get some time off.

Eagerly waiting for the updates :-w :-w
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby aquarajan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:10 am

So, I have been very busy these days with work as I mentioned earlier and the little time I got after or before work, I spent it after the tank.

A. This is the first alteration that happened with the foreground in July 2015 when I ripped off the entire tenellus foreground to give the tank a barren look. Generally I don't fear much with cloudy water due to such major changes caused by substrate disturbances as I go for major alteration only on WC days with a huge water change of almost 80% and thorough syphoning. At the end of all the hardwork I was quite happy with the results that looked visually impressive.

P_20150816_221615_1.jpg

B. This is the second phase of changes that occured in the tank in August end. I got a lot of plant cuttings from various fellow KAC members/friends and bought a few that I wanted to try/retry hence I wanted another bit of rescaping one my say. I added a few lemon tetras too though I don't bother about the livestock anymore. Concentrating too much on the fishes makes the focus divert from the plants which are of more importance to me. This time risked it more and changed the hardscape a bit too... so the vertical large rock on the right hand side have been removed and I have been optimistic to diffuse DIY co2 with a ceramic-glass diffuser. The disclaimer comes before you start asking me, No! There's still no industrial revolution in the tank yet!!!

The result captured here is not of good quality, with my phone camera and I would be going for a click sooner or later. Till then I need to keep adding plants and let the plants grow!

P_20150902_143744_1.jpg

P_20150907_083513_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Rajan Bhaumik

"We've come too far to give up who we are..."
aquarajan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby rahul » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:34 am

you are amongst the greatest of starters i have seen in the hobby.And you are growing in the hobby like the chinese are doing in economy.and honestly i just love how it has shaped up.i bet even some experienced scapers wont be able to do this.this is the hobby of aquatic gardening.
rahul

Re: Neverland: The Return to the Lost World (Updates @ pg19)

Postby aquarajan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:14 am

Thanks a ton for the appreciations Rahul. There's just one big thing I believe in and according to that I try to be honest towards the hobby every moment. It helps increase the zeal to learn, to deal with the hobby with a matured approach, differentiate between the pros and cons and boosts the 3Ps I always talk about everywhere, Patience, Persistence and Perseverance!!!

I don't care where I stand today as what matters to me is where I will take my hobby tomorrow. And those who feel things come easy for me than others, trust me I too like a lot of seniors in the hobby am struggling and fighting every moment to survive!!!
Cheers,
Rajan Bhaumik

aquarajan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby vikramdutta » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:18 am

Fantastic Rajan, what a great look, really eye soothing. Few Questions;
1. R U Using Pressurized CO2 or DIY.
2. Please brief about the Lights U R using
& 3. Fertilizer dosing

if answered it will be very helpful.
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby aquarajan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:40 am

1. DIY Co2
2. 2x36watts PLL
3. Macro: EI dosing on a much higher P and lower N than recommended along with additional Seachem K. Micro: Seachem Flourish comprehensive.
Cheers,
Rajan Bhaumik

aquarajan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby vikramdutta » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:13 am

Thank u for the reply.
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby chanda.subhasis » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am

@Gurudev every time when I see your tank each time I think what the special thing you are adding in the water which I'm not :D .
Today I again asked myself the same and got answered it is "dedication, patience, zeal to learn, emotion and above of all true love for your hobby with as least as possible monetary investment".
Salute you brother............ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
chanda.subhasis
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby aquarajan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:35 am

I wont agree completely to the least money spending part completely. Its actually sensible spending for me. A lot of elements are worth spending and a lot other are not, the more you have control over your impulses and learn and analyze, the more are the chances of being wiser in the hobby.

Almost 80% of the hobbists I have seen around are impulsive morons irrespective of age and gender who wants to replicate what they visually see around. They don't even realize that the result that they see in the form of pictures, mindblowing aquascapes in this case are results of years and even decades of experience, dedication, knowledge and hardwork that develop that amount of skillset and its not possible to replicate them overnight given the best of resources. It's like becoming a Christiano Ronaldo overnight have gotten the Mercurial Superfly boots or becoming Sachin Tendulkar the same way acquiring the SG MB Elite Bats.

Thomas Henry Huxley, the great English biologist commonly popular as Darwin's Bulldog once quoted, "Try to learn something about everything and everything about something." I always followed the phrase and considered that I have travelled beyond the crossing where learning something about this hobby happened to be. Thus like many other adventures in my life I am after the pursuit of learning a lot and delivering as much as I can with time...
Cheers,
Rajan Bhaumik

aquarajan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby suvrajit » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:00 am

Nice tank Rajan
Loved the scape :)
Suvrajit
Fishaholic
suvrajit
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to Journals