Lovely lava

Document the life cycle of your planted tank in details step by step
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Lovely lava

Postby el batty » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:07 am

if you are planning for plants that need light, i think that the pll fixture is a little too high.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby illiyas » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:57 am

SanamMarik wrote:Imo the size of rocks are out of proportion with ur tank size. I m nt a scaper but the size of rocks look v v big fr the tank...

yes thats right..i was also thinking about the same..but my main dissatisfaction is with the left side big boulder lava.The rest of the rocks are not that big sanam as their bases are not buried deep inside the substrate IMO.
Thanks sanam for your sugg..will try to reposition some of the rocks tomorrow morning..
illiyas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby illiyas » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:07 pm

el batty wrote:if you are planning for plants that need light, i think that the pll fixture is a little too high.

Bro actually the fixture was made for my earlier 50G (3x1.5x1.5) feet tank.But recently i discarded it and made this one.
If the light is too much for this, then i can move the fixtures to a little more height.Wat say?
illiyas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby SanamMarik » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:38 pm

he meant to say that lower the fixture. imo 4"-5" from water surface is enough. However, for all my tanks, I keep lights at 1" gap max... :) It heats the water quite a bit. but I like the extra light I get to compensate... :D
If you think the light is too much, remove one lamp and lower it...bttr dat way than extra electricity bills.
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby illiyas » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:35 am

oops didnt get him..
actually the fixture height is intentinally made to ease my work inside the tank..would lower it near to the water surface after plantation is made as per my need.it would only take seconds to lower it..see below pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
illiyas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby illiyas » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:18 am

scape changed.The big lava chunk replaced by drifts.Please feel free to express your views..would change it again if unsuitable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
illiyas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby illiyas » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:28 am

Plantation done saturday morning..Following
EI with Diy KNO3 and K2SO4.
weekly water change(50%)
6hrs photo period with 4 bps co2
illiyas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby illiyas » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:32 am

Pl excuse me for my bad photography skills
illiyas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby bedouinjoy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:53 am

ILIYAS- I dont think the rocks are not appropriate ....you just need to use them well ....am not scaper. But I would suggest to watch a video of James Findley....check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv0x42x-r7Y nice video about placing the rock and all :) your tank seems a promising one :) best of luck :)
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.
bedouinjoy
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby illiyas » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:52 pm

bedouinjoy wrote:ILIYAS- I dont think the rocks are not appropriate ....you just need to use them well ....am not scaper. But I would suggest to watch a video of James Findley....check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv0x42x-r7Y nice video about placing the rock and all :) your tank seems a promising one :) best of luck :)

Thanks brother..Lets see how things turn up.
illiyas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Journals