River Valley :: 2 Months Update:: Pg5

Document the life cycle of your planted tank in details step by step
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

River Valley :: 2 Months Update:: Pg5

Postby Tirtha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:05 pm

As I told in the other journal, I have started with another 50G planted with mainly driftwoods. This will be little slow growing comparatively, because of few reason. All the stems are emersed grown so will take time to come up with new growth. Top of that I got ferns in it and will add a load of moss in few days.

Tank Sixe: 3x1.5x1.5
Lights: 4x36watt PLL
Substrate: Riversand, gravels topped up with a thin layer of Amazonia.
Pressurized CO2
EI Dosing
Plants: HC, HM(In very bad shape), Rotalla sp vietnam, Pogestmon stellatus dassen, Didiplis Diandra, Micrososrum Petropus "TRIDENT"

Right now my 2217 is not working for some reason. So running a power filter just for the flow. Either will fix the filter if possible or will get any Chinese Canister.

In this tank, for Substrate elevation I have used Egg Crates stacked on top of each other. 4 driftwoods used to make the structure and then glued numerous branches for detailing.

Water and Tank glass is too dirty for time being. Will post a decent picture once it cleans up.

River Valley_0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tirtha

A Bad Attitude is like a Flat Tyre. You cannot go anywhere until you change it.
Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: River Valley :: Day 0

Postby sreepadma » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:58 am

Really like the hardscape, tank has a lot of potential. Good job Tirtha.

Why the black tape at the base?
sreepadma
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby suvrajit » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:52 am

nice mystic scape Tirtha !
What fauna are you planning ?
Some golden & red pencils will look awesome
Suvrajit
Fishaholic
suvrajit
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Abhirup.mecho » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:20 am

Tank looks great....mystic
Abhirup.mecho
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby parthapratim22 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:46 pm

Perfect wood work.
Frogfoot ADnS, enquiry call 9953551924
https://www.facebook.com/frogfootaquariumdesigns
parthapratim22
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby vikramdutta » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:11 pm

Tirtha wrote:In this tank, for Substrate elevation I have used Egg Crates stacked on top of each other. 4 driftwoods used to make the structure and then glued numerous branches for detailing.

Which egg crates? the one of typical paper where the shop keepers store their egg stock or the plastic one, if the earlier then it should collapse while coming in contact with water, how did u manage?
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Tirtha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:02 pm

sreepadma wrote:Really like the hardscape, tank has a lot of potential. Good job Tirtha.

Why the black tape at the base?

Thanks bro. Base black tape I used in my last Malawi setup to hide thick sand bed. Will remove it. I have the same tape at the top too to reduce the surface glare during viewing from drawing room sitting area.

Called you up few days back but your phone was unreachable. :(

suvrajit wrote:nice mystic scape Tirtha !
What fauna are you planning ?
Some golden & red pencils will look awesome

Thanks bro. As far as the fishes go, I have no idea right now. Lets see how the tank is doing in next month. Then will plan for the fauna.

Abhirup.mecho wrote:Tank looks great....mystic

parthapratim22 wrote:Perfect wood work.

Thank you Thank you ;;)

vikramdutta wrote:
Tirtha wrote:In this tank, for Substrate elevation I have used Egg Crates stacked on top of each other. 4 driftwoods used to make the structure and then glued numerous branches for detailing.

Which egg crates? the one of typical paper where the shop keepers store their egg stock or the plastic one, if the earlier then it should collapse while coming in contact with water, how did u manage?

Yes the regular one but the plastic made. For the first time I am using them. Actually I had a complete different scape in mind at the beginning and I had used notmal thermocol box for the elevation. But for my mistake some air stuck under the box and while flooding the complete scape ripped apart floating. Then while redoing the scape, I came up with this one. :)

Todays Update:

Water cleared up. CO2 and Light installed. The worst part is, I do not have a working condition canister to use and could not find an extra bubble counter during setting the co2 up. So diffusing CO2 with a very high BPS rate. Installed lights. 3 6500K and 1 4300K. The HM I have received are in very poort state and I do not think they will survive.

I forgot to mention earlier, because of the very high hardness and TDS, I am using 50% RO water in all my tanks.

If anyone is having some extra Christmas moss with you, please share. I need a load for the rock work.
Regards,
Tirtha

A Bad Attitude is like a Flat Tyre. You cannot go anywhere until you change it.
Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Postby xarg0n » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:34 pm

Following :)
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby sreepadma » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:08 am

Tirtha wrote:Thanks bro. Base black tape I used in my last Malawi setup to hide thick sand bed. Will remove it. I have the same tape at the top too to reduce the surface glare during viewing from drawing room sitting area.

Called you up few days back but your phone was unreachable. :(

Oh okay. I was traveling last week, maybe the reason you could not reach me.I'll call you, please let me know the best time.

Tirtha wrote: Water cleared up. CO2 and Light installed. The worst part is, I do not have a working condition canister to use and could not find an extra bubble counter during setting the co2 up. So diffusing CO2 with a very high BPS rate. Installed lights. 3 6500K and 1 4300K. The HM I have received are in very poort state and I do not think they will survive.

I forgot to mention earlier, because of the very high hardness and TDS, I am using 50% RO water in all my tanks.

If anyone is having some extra Christmas moss with you, please share. I need a load for the rock work.

For canister, why dont you try Odyssea CFS 130 hang on canister? I am using it and its really good, not too expensive either. Its available at umini.in.
sreepadma
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby rahul » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:26 pm

will be keeping an eye on it surely.the woods are just great......
rahul

Next

Return to Journals