Introduce Yourself

Give a small introduction of yourself and your hobby so we can know you better
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby ssrao » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello everyone,
This is Srinivas from Hyderabad. I am into this hobby for the past two years, all these days i am following this forum silently. Even though i have not yet created any specific thread for suggestions, i got very useful information from the already existing posts. i am very much interested in African cichlids.
ssrao
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby santa123 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Dear Friends,

I am Tushar and living in Kolkata with this great hobby. It am glad to become a member of such a wonderful forum.
I am into this hobby 18+ year.
My favorites are monster carnivorous fishes.
Currently I have arowana, Giant Gourami, etc.
santa123
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Biswa » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:29 am

Hi, everybody.
This is Biswadeep here, and by taking the opportunity i'll introduce myself on this wonderful forum.
i live in sodepur, and have a freshwater tank. i have done a lot of experiments, and now i want to take a step towards marine domain. :-s .
Biswa

Postby neilaqua93 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi everybody.
Im Clinton Neil. 21 yrs old. Student and Novice fishkeeper. Got into the hobby rather late. But then, better late than never
neilaqua93
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Amitayus » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Hello all, this is Amitayus (my nick in which I like to be addressed) from Jadavpur, south Kolkata. Professionally I manage the shows of an all India industry association.

Been into this hobby for quite sometime say, 10-12 years. Had dropped it in the past due to some problems, again started with freshwater and now for the past two months have a marine FOWLR too.

Have learnt a lot from KAC about salt water fishkeeping and the way seniors help you sparing their time.
Amitayus
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby AquaQuest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:40 am

Hello Everyone,

I am Shaji from Bangalore. A complete newcomer to fishkeeping, I have found myself almost getting obsessed with my tank (30 x 15 x 15 in) over the last 2 months that I have had it. It started with my 11 yr old daughters request for an aquarium, but very soon I was the one who was all over it. I completed the fishless cycling (guess I am learning more chemistry now than in school!) in about 5 weeks. Initially, I had no plans for a planted tank. So I started with sand for a substrate and a 600 lph internal filter. Then, I saw to few amazing planted tanks and wanted one like that! I replaced the sand with some used ADA AquaSoil and to a 1000 lph cannister filter. For lights, I have a LED set up (50 watts).

As for fishes, I started with H. Rasboras (introduced 8 of them, 4 at a time with a weeks time in between). 5 of them are still with me. Subsequently, 8 cherry barbs were introduced, but I lost all of them to ick. Right now, I have a few plants (Echinodorus cordiofolius, Java fern, Singapore Moss, Anubias) in the tank. I am looking to add some more 'easy' plants this weekend. Thankfully, wife and folks at home have so far been reasonably patient with my adventures and expenses!!

I'm enjoying my new found hobby. I realize that I need lots of patience and that I have lots to learn!

This is the first time I am joining a hobby forum like this. Looking forward to the experience.

Regards,
AquaQuest
AquaQuest

Postby shouvonik » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi all,
I am shouvonik. I am very happy to be a part of this community. Originally I am from Siliguri but now reside at kolkata. By profession I am an Assistant professor of Geography in a college under calcutta University.I have been in this hobby from my school days.. may be class one or two. I used to caught Darkina,Punti,Chang, taki,Mourola, Guttum (local names) etc with my friends in rainy season from drains and lowlands and kept them in to a Horlicks jars and other containers. At class seven I had my first aquarium,gifted by my uncle. I was separated from this hobby for couple of years due to unavoidable circumstances.I again started my hobby in 2013. presently I have a 30 liters(approx) tank with some small colour full fishes.
Thank u All....
shouvonik
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby netherwinterknights » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:49 am

HI, I am Nicklaus, from Mumbai, joined this community some time back, and just noticed this thread. I have been fascinated with aquariums since my childhood, and only just started my own aquarium. I am a fan of small fish, such as fancy guppies, zebra danios, endlers, tetras, etc. My current aquarium is a 33 gallon non planted tank, with a Fluval C2 HOB, and a Marina 100 Air pump. I have used a black gravel substrate, to enhance the visual appeal of the small fishes' bright colours. I have 5 snakeskin guppies males, 5 endlers livebearer males, and 10 baby zebra danios. I am looking to procure a small group of cory cats / kuhli loaches to keep the bottom of the tank occupied, however this will be a little bit into the future. Currently I can keep watching these little fishes for hours together on weekends.
netherwinterknights
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby liz@ro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:24 pm

Hey guys, this is Soutrik Ghosh aka liz@ro here.
About myself -
I am literally into this hobby from my childhood and got my first scape when I was 14. I'm not a pro just a learner and this forum is full of excellent and pro people, so I'm eager to learn some new skill. My special area in this hobby is "Planted Aqua Scape" and I'm just like crazy for it @-) .

I'm from Baruipur, Kolkata - 700144. I'm a Civil Engineer seeking for job right now. I've a 1.5'X1' planted tank and I'm about to reshape it with ADA soil and CO2 cylinder and it's always great to have some more info. or advise regarding planted tank, so feel free to post ;) . I,m following this forum for a long time and I also know many people in this forum.

Ph. no. - 9563177735
Email id: soutrik.prince@gmail.com

Regards,
Soutrik Ghosh
You can take my fish over my dead body!
liz@ro
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby RUDRANIL.GHOSH » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:14 pm

HII EVERY 1...AM RUDRANIL FROM KONNAGAR...I STARTED THIS HOBBY IN 2008 ,READING AN ARTICLE IN THE "STATESMAN" PAPER, ABOUT HOW LOOKING AT AQUARIUM FISH AT HOME CAN HELP U REDUCE UR TENSION AFTER A HARD DAY WORK.I DECIDED TO SET UP 1 IN MY BEDROOM.I STILL REMEMBER BRINGING MY 1ST AQUARIUM TANK (A SMALL 1) FROM KOLEMARKET AT SEALDAH.THE 1ST FISH I INTRODUCED WAS "MOLLY".LATER ON CAME GOLDFISH,ANGEL,TIGER SHARK.FEATHER ETC ETC.SOME OF THEM SURVIVED, SOME DIED.IT WAS TIME TO CHANGE THE TANK,AND SO NEXT YR I BOUGHT A 3FT TANK AND INTRODUCED THE TIGER SHARKS IN THERE.WITHIN 1 YR THEIR SIZE INCREASED TO A GR8 EXTEND.I REMEMBER MY A/C INSTALLATION FELLOW SEEING THOSE SHARKS SAY..."SIR YEA KHANE WALA MACHLI HAE YEA DIKHANE WALA MACHLI?"...LOL.ANYWAYS THAT WAS MY 1ST SUCESS.NOW I HAVE 2 AQUARIUMS--1 IS 4FT AND ANOTHER 3 FT.BOTH ARE COMMUNITY TANKS.HAVE JOINED KAC HOPING TO GET VALUABLE TIPS FROM EXPERTS AND SENIORS IN THIS FORUM.

REGARDS,
RUDRANIL GHOSH
RUDRANIL.GHOSH
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Introduction