Introduce Yourself

Give a small introduction of yourself and your hobby so we can know you better
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby rajeshksinha33 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:40 pm

I am Rajesh from Sonarpur, South 24 parganas. I have a 2.5 feet tank for long which is occupied by Oscars. Tiger, Horned and Parrot.

Recently my daughter asked me to go for a planted one. So got last one month I am trying a new planted tank for me.

Guys please help me out with your experience.

Regards
Rajesh
rajeshksinha33
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby kmandal » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:24 am

Hello All,
I am Koushik Mandal and based in Garia, Kolkata since 1997. Been an aquatic pet lover since I was a small school boy. Now I have a 8 year old son, who is also very exited, about the auatic pets. Currently having 3 Parrot fish along with few others. By profession I am into software. Would like to hear more from KAC and also look forward to meet their members. Have a lot of questions, which I hope to represent/ask to all the knowledgeble members later on.

Regards,
Koushik Mandal
:)
kmandal
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Sourav_BESU » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 pm

hi i am Sourav from sodepur
currently doing BE from BESU,shibpur
have one star turtle which is in a 5 ft. indoor pond.
plan to have a flowerhorn.
love to know about fish and how to keep them thanks in advance :)
Sourav_BESU

Postby sonai » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:38 pm

hi, i am partha from garia. i have recently purchased a new tank and sold older one which is about 2.5 ft. i also new in kac and really interested to talk with you guys.bcause i wank to know more about discus keeping.my dream is to keep healthy discus in my tank, so i really want to know about discus keeping . and this forum is very good to get learned about fish keeping.i am in love with discus,i love to know about fish and keeping them in healthy way. pls help me out.
sonai

Postby Aanand7 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:20 am

Hello Everyone,
My name is Aanand.
I stay in Salt Lake and am working in Supply Chain.
I have always been interested in fishkeeping since quite a long time. Had a 2.5 ft length aquarium with a flimsy aluminium canopy around 25 years ago. Just managed a new glass aquarium (60" x 18" x 24")
Its up and running. Not yet added any fishes though.
Hoping to read and learn here.
Regards,
Aanand Saha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aanand7

Postby gs2005 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:59 pm

My name is Gopal Sharma. I am 60 years old. I belong to a staunch Brahmin family where forget about eating fish you can,t even touch a fish. When I was young my Dadu asked me to have a bath if I ever touch a fish or egg. In the year 1984 I started keeping fish when someone presented a small aquarium to my son as a birthday gift. The passion now was running in me. I kept about 20 Discus in those days when Tetrabit was a luxury, no other imported accessories was availableOnyl 2 active Importers were there.
I gave up and after a gap of 3 decades amy son forced me to have this again. Friends I am again involved.uu
gs2005
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby bidip79 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi I am Biswa from Park circus.
I am very new in this hobby.
I just bought my 1st 2.5 ft tank.
I got few tiger barb , BA tetra . Looking for starter plants .
bidip79

Postby kausick2015 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi i am kausick from burdwan . By profession a medical representative. From very early days of my childhood i have been with this hobby. (Better called killer then keeper). Almost every sunday I managed to collect some fish ( don't know the spicies ) from local market and keep them in the jar. But next sunday they were not with me [-( . From 2010 i started seriously with 20g freshwater community and now with that i also have 50g and 120g. I kept guppy , moli, goldfish, angle, tetras, danois or zebra, oscar, parrots, siemese tiger, frontosa, some of the cat verity and some Senegal bichir. Now i am very much with mbuna. Want to learn more about fish keeping and associate important things from KAC. Thank you.
kausick2015
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby edluhar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:57 am

Hello KAC

It has always been a pleasure to read through your posts and see the photos. Calcutta does seem to have a huge team of enthusiasts. Be it in aquarium or other hobby based stuff like photography, painting, books etc etc. Its all about being passionate. I have been to quite a few cities around the globe but i have failed to identify so many enthusiasts elsewhere.
Anyways I am in merchant navy for the last eight years. Born in Calcutta brought up in Mumbai, married in Calcutta and now settled here for good.
Fish keeping - well my first tank was gifted to me by my father when i was 8. and since then it continued. Off and on. as time and money permitted. I have sought help from Tirthankar before though i don't remember in which forum and Achintya in recent time was quite helpful too.

I seek knowledge, association and good times from KAC.

Keep fishing!!!!

Regards
Rahul De (edluhar)
edluhar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby arghanil » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:20 pm

finally i am in..in this beautiful world of fish. i was trying hard to get through but was not managing to get in ...but i am glad that i am here.. :) :-bd

hello everyone, Arghanil here..
i am doing my post graduation. i live in hooghly and i am into this hobby for about one and a half years. this is like my passion.
i am very much into cichlids, barbs, mollies, guppies and goldfish. i have 3 tanks
tank 1 - 18x10x10 (my starter tank) (lxbxh) --mollies and guppies
tank 2 - 30x15x18 -- barbs(tiger rosey tinfoi), cory cats, pleco, severum, cichlids (banana), blue aratus
tank 3- 48x15x18 -- red cap gold, koi gold, bala shark, shubhungkin, black shark, two white magur(dont know the name) (pairs of all)
tw huge plecos one is 16 inches , another 21 "

i do no know much about the do's and dont's, so if you could possibly help me if i am going wrong anywhere i will be very thankful to you. please help me with fish compatibility, filtration, how to aquascape the tanks and so on...

i had this question in my mind...that is what is a sump filter?how it works?how to make it?how does it help??

thank you all..
arghanil

PreviousNext

Return to Introduction