New Website for KAC

All site development news will be posted here. Feel free to post your inputs, ideas to improve site effectiveness and performance.
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: New Website for KAC

Postby mithun » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 am

1. your login to this forum and website is synchronous and single-sign-on... you do not need to login separately to either of them.. one account in forum is sufficient for both..
2. Same as Tirtha said.. May be later on we can device a better way to submit -> Review -> host.

+ whoever writes a good article will have their Names displayed below it with a short Intro about the person on the website.. name=fame.. So, start writing articles ;)
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 200Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby rahul » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:41 am

What a move!!!!!!! i give a thumbs up to it.
it will most probably make us on top of all aquahobby networking sites in India.
rahul

Postby bedouinjoy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

sounds great :D
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.
bedouinjoy
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Aninda » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 am

This is a great initiative, I am sure it would add value to what we are currently doing \m/

I have a few points to add, lets me know if it sounds good:

1> All documents/articles need to have a 'Review Date'. Which would ensure that they are being updated/maintained at a specified interval.
2> Is there a way to maintain 'Versioning' for the docs/articles?
3> Can there be a way where user's can leave 'comments' for individual atricles (Comments should only be specific to amendments required in the article). These comments can be reviewed by the author/Subject Expert who should be able to close the comments
4> We need to have a approval process where each document is reviewed/ratified and any grammatical corrections done before publishing.
Warm Regards
Aninda
So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?
Aninda
Admin
Admin

Postby soumyadipta9 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:46 am

Aninda wrote:This is a great initiative, I am sure it would add value to what we are currently doing \m/

I have a few points to add, lets me know if it sounds good:

1> All documents/articles need to have a 'Review Date'. Which would ensure that they are being updated/maintained at a specified interval.
2> Is there a way to maintain 'Versioning' for the docs/articles?
3> Can there be a way where user's can leave 'comments' for individual atricles (Comments should only be specific to amendments required in the article). These comments can be reviewed by the author/Subject Expert who should be able to close the comments
4> We need to have a approval process where each document is reviewed/ratified and any grammatical corrections done before publishing.

100 votes for that one
Deep

--I solemnly swear I'm up to no good--
soumyadipta9
KAC Freak
KAC Freak

Postby krishnendu » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 am

Can we integrate facebook with this new website?... what ever we post in KAC will also get posted (the link of the article)in facebook.
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Achintya » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 am

we(KAC) have a FB page.but this is not updated now a days.i can take responsibility to update or continue that FB page along(regular update of recent popular topics/pictures/articles/static page update).

aninda da,version upgrade can be done easily.mithun da/tirtha da can add new version done/modification of that existing article/doc.

for review process and correct grammatical mistakes i totally believe that it will be team work for us.also our reviewers(for planted/marine/malawi etc.) have to do a lot of work to make this static page in a full mode.
The Best Revenge is Massive Success
Achintya
KAC Senior Member
KAC Senior Member

Postby Najib » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 am

This is an awesome intiative. Good luck guys.
Also if we make this a collection of good projects, innovative ideas and likes it will be easy for people to have a reference point.
Y'all may already have this in plan. Thought I will just highlight it.

Cheers,
Najib

***My Fish Eat Your Fish***
Najib

Postby krishnendu » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 am

I am not taking about our FB page of KAC...

I am talking about linking KAC page with Fb. Suppose i post an article in KAC, automatically a link of that post will be generated and get posted in my Fb wall so that all my friends can view it. When my friends want to read the article from my fb page by clicking on the link they will be directed to the KAC article page.
This will encourage more foot fall at our website.
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Achintya » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 am

can it be done?if yes,then it will be great..
The Best Revenge is Massive Success
Achintya
KAC Senior Member
KAC Senior Member

PreviousNext

Return to Site Talk