How To post pictures in Forum

All site development news will be posted here. Feel free to post your inputs, ideas to improve site effectiveness and performance.
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

How To post pictures in Forum

Postby Tirtha » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:11 am

It's really great to see members are posting load of pictures along with their posts and I must say, one photo speaks a thousands word. So guys keep on posting as many pictures as you want along with your reply.

but I am noticing, couple of guys are making a small mistake while posting image. So let me just go through the process of posting image in our forum.

Attaching within KAC Server:

While creating thread or replying to any thread, if you want to attach pictures follow the below steps.

Upload the image Using attachment TAB.

Attachments1.png

Then Place your cursor on the text box where you want to place your attached image and then hit, Place inline button.

Attachments2.png

Or else, you will not be able to place your image at the desired location within your post.

Posting Pictures from external Servers:

Flickr(http://www.flickr.com):

Upload it to flickr and open it. Then click on Share button> Grab the HTML/BBCode like the picture below and post the link here.

Flickr.png

Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com)

Upload your image to Photobucket and then place the mouse top of the uploaded picture. You will see the below menu popped up. copy the image tag and post in your thread here directly.

Photobucket.png

Now here is a request to all the members. I know it is bit awkward to say, but better to share this info with you all. ;)

As you guys know, KAC is a non profit making Organization and we are not supported by any commercial body by any means. All the cost for this site bared by couple of hobbyists from their own pocket. So due to the limited fund, we are in shared server with limited resource. Uploading too many big size pictures will eat up servers bandwidth a lot and will result the site working slowly. So whenever, you have a plan to upload many pictures within your thread, it will be appreciated if you use external image upload services like Flickr/Photobucket or Picasa.

if the forum become super active and if it demands more resources in future, we will get our VPS (Virtual private Server) for KAC spending extra money without hesitation. :)

CHEERS!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tirtha

A Bad Attitude is like a Flat Tyre. You cannot go anywhere until you change it.
Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Return to Site Talk