What you Expect?

All site development news will be posted here. Feel free to post your inputs, ideas to improve site effectiveness and performance.
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: What you Expect?

Postby nilotpal » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:31 am

mithun wrote:i always upload the pic in fb and share the image source url in img tag here.. works for me better than picasa.

Not a good option for people like us to view those image from office(restricted). X(
Thanks,
Nilotpal
nilotpal
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby mithun » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:02 am

use tapatalk.. its better to use your own internet to do personal stuff.. office internet is meant for official work :P
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kumar » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:15 pm

mithun wrote:use tapatalk.. its better to use your own internet to do personal stuff.. office internet is meant for official work :P

you sound like a manager now ;;)
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:00 pm

you should too.. :P
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dipankar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Competition always takes you in next level. So I always prefer competition in every aspect with nominal entry fee and little awarding. This will make every member active to do something.
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

Postby SanamMarik » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:58 pm

A thumbs up smiley in the smiley list pleaseeeeeee
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby Tirtha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:31 pm

SanamMarik wrote:A thumbs up smiley in the smiley list pleaseeeeeee

Like FB?? Or like :-bd
Regards,
Tirtha

A Bad Attitude is like a Flat Tyre. You cannot go anywhere until you change it.
Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Postby SanamMarik » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Like fb... :D
This one feel like 'all the best'
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby vikramdutta » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:42 am

If notification alert & Like option can be added will be better.
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby aquarajan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:41 am

What you like about this forum the most

1. The forum is a powerhouse of knowledge. When I did think about starting a planted venture all I had to do is read KAC journals and search and read specific aspects for 3-4 months and I was ready. What makes it more interesting is the first hand knowledge and experience shared by people who have treaded the avenue recently or sometimes back. Gives a real homely feel that way.

2. The forum is simple and easy to use. For a person who has joined it's easy to post, easy to fish out for articles and also easy to share views and pictures.

3. In three years the membership has grown by leaps and bounces, more than what the founders would've imagined and its becoming stronger by the day in terms of information. Coming from a country and specially the part of the country which is so far behind in the hobby, this forum is like an oasis in the desert!

What you DO NOT like about this forum

1. As mentioned the forum lacks manpower. There are a section of people who are genuinely slogging day in and out to keep this forum going, and there's a section in the forum who are either happy with their own selfish needs or over proactive to drive things just their own way. There needs to be a balance and process driven teams created who will successfully carry on with the designated responsibilities.

2. There are lack of activities beyond posting, re-posting and increase in thread length. I am aware of the fact that KAC does their best and have organized events successfully but they need to be frequent especially involving the new joiners more to spread the hobby in our part of the World.

3. The archiving of important posts are not done. Posts get lost in the crowd and the user needs to hunt for them. Maybe its the forum software platform is something that restricts that from happening.

How we can Improve

1. We need to create teams on and off the forum, maybe comprising of 1-2 Mods who specializes in different fields accompanied by a group of new members and 3-5 members in total. For example: A team who looks after field trips, a team who looks after the branding of the forum, a team who creates/edits/archives data or reports, a team dedicated in organizing workshops/meets/icebreaker sessions for new joiners/campaigns/promotions and so much more. This way we can ease out the burden on a selective few and we will never feel we lack manpower! We are very lucky that we have members who are doctors, engineers, artists, journalists, lawyers, entrepreneurs and most importantly students and people from many other professions.

2. It's been 3 years this forum is running and I personally feel its high time that we face lift the forum from the phpBB platform to maybe elgg platform. We need to create a KAC website and insert the forum as a part of it and make it look international. In this age where presentability matters so much (if we look at some of the international sites and forums of or related subjects) they are way ahead of us and I don't feel it's impossible to catchup. Again, we don't need to spend tons for this. I am sure we have enough in house web developers and graphic designers who specialize in the subject, we just need to form a team who will do it for free and maintain it for free too. PS: We do not need to change the forum I repeat, we just need to insert it in a professional wrapper.

We are blessed with the fact that we have sections like planted aquaria, native fishkeeping, cichlids, marine, biotopes, paludriums under one roof unlike many international forums. A stunning website and its different sections can turn us international. A few sponsors for the website in the long run can be an icing on the cake.

This is one random example that I would like to share as reference point for my statement.

http://ukaps.org/ and http://www.ukaps.org/forum/

3. We need to popularize the forum and KAC as a whole and for that one micro media coverage won't help, yes this may be the beginning but we need to capitalize on that. We need to campaign it ourselves. The best way is to make use of the member force who are students. Why? They have more time in hand than working people have and we can form teams who will execute legal campaigns in schools, colleges, Galliff market (with help of seniors present) and more promoting healthy fishkeeping and how KAC makes "Fishkeeping Simplified'. A lot of young people engage themselves in the hobby everyday and this is how I feel they will get the right direction.

Also we need to brand uplift KAC. We need to create dollies and merchandises that will promote and take KAC into the household of every single individual who is and even plans to be in the hobby.

Hope I made some sense with my three pointers each. :)
Cheers,
Rajan Bhaumik

"We've come too far to give up who we are..."
aquarajan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to Site Talk