What you like about this forum the most
1. The ability to interact with like-minded people who practice their hobby in the same local environment.
2. The ease of use.
3. The presence of members with wide knowledge and experience and their willingness to share it.
4. The very fact that there are people who can run such a wonderful and useful forum.
5. The fact that you want to move ahead by opening this thread.What you DO NOT like about this forum
1. The superior attitude in general. The forum belongs to people at all levels, but you get the impression that what matters here are top-end, high-tech installations.
2. Some of the experienced make no attempt at politeness in many cases when talking to beginners. There is often a level of sarcasm and 'you think you know too much' in the replies. Sarcasm and obfuscation are cheap tricks. You are really great when you are magnanimous with knowledge. Unfortunately a few eggs spoil the basket. Moderators should be aware of such trends and counsel these members.
3. Many posts asking questions go unattended. Either the answers are not known or no one bothers to take them up. My feeling is that moderators should step in on such posts and help close the tread.How we can Improve
1. I would like a more active role from moderators, especially in the beginners area.
2. I am amazed that this seems to be a men's only hobby in our parts. How do we encourage the fair sex to join this great hobby? If we can, that will have a long-term impact.
3. The membership is widespread across the country - so not everyone can be a physical presence. Let us try and make everyone feel at home by being less 'clubby' in posts. You can even have a forum called 'The club' where those who know each other well can exchange notes without constraints. Some similar websites (in another hobby) offer a hair-down facility like this. A member has to join and takes the good with the bad without complaint
I admit that I have not been a member here for long enough to pass judgement with conviction. But I believe that I have tons of experience in similar setup,s and that gives me the ability to try and help this one become the best forum for aquarium hobbyists in India. So please take my comments with that background in mind.