WANT TO CREATE A PLANTED AQURIAM

If you are a beginner, post your questions, concerns here.
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

WANT TO CREATE A PLANTED AQURIAM

Postby Susanta » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi, Friends U am in new here, I have a 2 feet by 1 feet aquarium, and i want to create a planted Aquarium,I want to know how much and what kind of soil i have to buy for my aquarium, and my budget is not so high,, please hep me friends,,,
Susanta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: wANT TO CREATE A PLANTED AQURIAM

Postby rahul » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:55 pm

let us know about your budget so that we can help.make sure you have the minimum.
rahul

Postby Susanta » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:33 pm

I have a budget for 500- 700
rs
Susanta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Susanta » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:36 am

hi, friends can anyone please tell me how much and what kind of soil i have to buy for my 2 feet by 1 feet aquarium??? I have budget below 700 rs,, is this enough ?? or i have to increase my budget?
Susanta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby neilaqua93 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:08 am

I'm pretty sure that's insufficient.
neilaqua93
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby rahul » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:31 am

sorry to say that the amount is not just tiny but it falls way below the minimum requirement(perhaps 4-5 times less).i think 700 rupees will be spent in gathering the stuffs and all(by transportation) rather than buying stuffs which will be added on later.
but i think you can do it.
How??
try to spend less on park street, mani square,city center,forum,etc blah blah blah and you may achieve your goals more quickly.thats how i did,thats how others who have made planted tanks as students have done.
just try it for one month as i say and see how you can .And you need a lot of enthu and knowledge rather than just money to get it going.
rahul

Postby amitava82 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:27 am

I've spend about 15k so far trying to set up a 16 inch planted tank with DIY CO2.. :D
with 700 you could just stick with gold fish tank :p
amitava82

Re: WANT TO CREATE A PLANTED AQURIAM

Postby debrajsahu » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:41 pm

To be honest when I planned to start a planted aquarium i had about the same amount of money that you want to start with. I had to wait for 3 months just because of the budget constraint. However i learned that it wont be that cheap for even the basic setup. So don't get demotivated regarding budget. Do your research well and list out what you decide u will require for the setup. Then start collecting the stuffs slowly as your budget permits. Finally when you have everything that you need go for it. Have patience and be persistent.
debrajsahu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby SanamMarik » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:44 pm

amitava82 wrote:I've spend about 15k so far trying to set up a 16 inch planted tank with DIY CO2.. :D
with 700 you could just stick with gold fish tank :p

Hey bro, that shouldnt be the way you should approach! and with that 15K you spend...I could have made a 3feeter planted with pressurized system here at Kolkata... ;) with around half the money left in the wallet... ;)

PS-I made my 1st planted 2x1x1 @just 400(tank)+300(filters)+300(lights) + ferts(1000)one time + 10(for sand) + max 150 (plants) = Approx 2200 and the tank is up for more than a year now.... I did planted new plants but At the same time I earned the money by selling the plants I grew. You jst need to learn how do do it the cheaper way...and the whole 1st tym investment will come back to wallet...thats how i have been able to maintain 8 planted tanks simultaneously without taking out extra money from the wallet... ;) I Hope you understand! :)
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Re: WANT TO CREATE A PLANTED AQURIAM

Postby Susanta » Fri May 01, 2015 9:13 am

Thnks for your comments friends , I want to know can I use laterite + soilrite in the bottom of the tank?, and cover it with sand gravel?? then what quantity soilrite and laterite i have to buy??
Susanta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Next

Return to Beginners Corner