Limited resources unlimited dream

If you are a beginner, post your questions, concerns here.
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Limited resources unlimited dream

Postby Abhirup.mecho » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Healthy?bt their r no fishes in the first place to keep healthy?....anyways I would encourage any new hobbyist to venture on the fishy side aswell, connection to an almost inanimate object is difficult....the joys of keeping fish r utterly rewarding and at often times exhilarating...if jhulon type setup/aqua gardenings ur thing then also kudos to u,bt I would earnestly urge people to keep fishes aswell trust me and I think even SanamMarik would agree,its gonna be rewarding...
Abhirup.mecho
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby nirmalyawb1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:51 pm

As I said in my introduction this is my 5th tank in terms of keeping fish since class 7-8.i had kept fishes in my tank sucessfully and most of the fishes left my aquarium in terms of adoption to my friends and family after grown up and after being big sized and happily...death was a rare factor in my tank...rather birth was very common...yesterday only I had become a owner of 35 fries of a red molly....(I know it is very common to have molly babies)still its a joy for me..seeing birth of fishes is one of my best moments everytime happened in my water territory....
The above paragraph to introduce that the fishkeeping hobby and keeping them happy is a chapter of my like...
I hereby also accept that still I m a novice and know nothing about fishkeeping...
Its KAC which made me more interested about the topic..the planted portion of the hobby...and seriously I don't want to be perfect and successful at my first attempt...i want to try and fail..again try and fail and many more times to be more passionate to achieve a person like SANAM MARIK and many more in this forum..thank you Sanam for your post in this topic....I am happy that you posted...only you who post a difference...now I feel I will be able to...my position is not to spend lot money...my position is not to spend full dedicated time(private job,that also hotel industry)..
I had few queries at the begining....without pointing out that everybody suggested me to wait and learn.then get the experience.
.but by sanam's view was diffrent...that is learning experience...thankx sanam...i have read almost all your post in this forum...so I m damn happy seeing ur post...thanks even to those who posted earlier...need suggestion from you friends...
nirmalyawb1
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby SanamMarik » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:09 pm

I am an ameture too. And still face algae issues. Presenlty dealing with green water coz sm1 gave some info nd i had to try that out. I belive in the words of the man who invented light bulb coz of which we r running planted tanks today. When he failed, he said "now i know one more thing which wont light the bulb". Its jst like dat. U know the most when u have failed the most.

Sorry that I didnt address to the queries. Dats primarily coz my broadband is down nd i comment with mobile only when I get impatient or hav a dfrnt point of view. I still dont hav bb connection on pc, but to b honest I was v impressed with ur initial post nd the topics you went through patiently. U dug up historic topics. U already hav a lot of info which I have seen so far in approx 4 guys when they started, other than you, on this forum after i joined in and one of them is now a v close frnd of mine(Debraj Sahu, v hard working and innovative guy). Evn i didnt do dat much research. I m v impatient to start new ventures, so I jst jump in nd its like jo hoga dekh lenge.
Debu also used sufala in the substrate with great results, but ur proportion of sufala will kill all the plants, i used far less and still killed 3 out of 5downois. It should be in the proportion of 1 grain per 1.5sq inch to 2sq inch surface area. More than that can kill plants quite easily. U spread it on the surface frst thn collect thm back and use water to dissolve the grains u put on the area nd thn mix it with the subs thoroughly so dat nutrients dont accumulate. Regarding rest of the queries, will try addressing once bb connection is bak. Btw on a fun part, u said ,
its like targeting sun and reaching at least to stars
. Sun is the nearest star, other stars r light years away :P
Last edited by SanamMarik on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby SanamMarik » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Abhirup.mecho wrote:Healthy?bt their r no fishes in the first place to keep healthy?....anyways I would encourage any new hobbyist to venture on the fishy side aswell, connection to an almost inanimate object is difficult....the joys of keeping fish r utterly rewarding and at often times exhilarating...if jhulon type setup/aqua gardenings ur thing then also kudos to u,bt I would earnestly urge people to keep fishes aswell trust me and I think even SanamMarik would agree,its gonna be rewarding...

Dada, i was talking about the health of plants! :P they can also be malnourished right!?
Yes keeping fishes is actually a great feel. I will agree to dat. And spclly when the fishes are hand fed. Thats the best part of my everyday schedule. The way fishes look at u fr food and come to ur hand w/o fear is smthing one must experience. For this fishy side of mine i ended up with so many fishes nd thnks to this weekly wc looks like a nightmare. @-)
Bt we do coz we love. :)

Its not dat i dont want to keep fishes in the tanks, but its like majburi hai, b4 u add othr chemicals, u need to worry abt fishes and the worst part is the catch thm in a planted tank. :|
Till date i have been having smallest ipf that sobo offered and it gets clogged in 2 days. Flow decreases, now with presence of fishes, ammonia will rise as the filter nt doing its job with efficiency, hence reduced to 4fishes in a 2' tank. Thn their poop accumulated in the substrate nd dont look good. With so many probs, i decided to go fishless for planteds. However, i have 3 numbers of 3' fish only tanks and i hav a pet Rui too in a cemented tank.... :)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby avik » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:36 pm

SanamMarik wrote:Its personal preference as i said. Bt fishless tanks r more stable nd healthy and easy too in my ideas. :)

Yaay..a dry glasstank with a good scenery as backdrop is the most stable nd healthy and easy too in my ideas. Best of luck keeping boring weeds with regular dosing of fArt..hehe :D
avik
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby SanamMarik » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Different people different ideas, if all were same, we wouldnt have what we hav today. :)
Dada, try a planted once with the resources and bio-load I had put in, let me know the results. If u find it stable nd no accumulation of debris, kindly do let me know the secret. I would be v greatful to learn and maintain a healthy tank with fishes. :)
And doing so, u may also win a few contests with the level of experience u already have. And thn treat me for the idea. What say?? :D
Last edited by SanamMarik on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby SanamMarik » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:50 pm

And gift me a buce too plz :D
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby avik » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:36 am

Hehe.. :)
IMG-20150502-WA0032.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
avik
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby SanamMarik » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:05 am

Is this pic from ur home or Borneo??
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby avik » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:38 am

wild from Borneo.
avik
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to Beginners Corner