Limited resources unlimited dream

If you are a beginner, post your questions, concerns here.
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Limited resources unlimited dream

Postby nirmalyawb1 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Dear sanam kindly let me know what are the low demand plant in this initial stage I should try for...also the availability with approx price...also just give an idea on filtr
nirmalyawb1
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby Sandeepan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:23 pm

Aquariums without fish is surely incomplete. If only plants than why not normal gardening. Aquatic life without fauna NO WAY. But again its personal choice. The aquarium will be a green pot with water :(
Sandeepan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Wolf aqua » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Aquarium is a multi dimensional area, a planted tank is not restricted to a niche type with only plants or with fish, it includes both actually and yes a planted tank does also refer to underwater gardening and a simultaneous ecosystem for fishes to thrive, so one cannot restrict it by saying it's incomplete without fishes, it's an art there's nothing incomplete or wrong in any art, only preferences.

I've been a silent reader in this forum but if one could take a look at sanam's improvement from where he started and his experiments you could only be grateful for knowledge you can gain from it, personally I've known more about substrate from him than any online forum
Wolf aqua
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby netherwinterknights » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:32 am

SanamMarik wrote:
netherwinterknights wrote:A beautifully planted aquarium is worth zilch if the fish cannot remain happy in it.

I have to strongly disagree to this. I dont create a planted tank to keep fishes happy.

I understand what you mean. And that I should use IMO or IMHO, but then, while strongly disagreeing with my point, shouldn't you have used IMO as well? Since that was your honest opinion(?) Or are we having an argument just for the sake of it?

The direction of this thread was towards a fish-tank with plants. Which is why the OP had not mentioned Fish-less. I also assumed, that since he mentioned filters, that he was planning to keep fish. We assume by default, that there will be fish in an aquarium, unless it is specifically mentioned that the tank is fish-less. This is NOT IMHO, but general knowledge.

Also, an aquarium without fish, is just ... IMHO, not an aquarium. Just as fish in a non planted tank might miss plants from its natural habitat, the plants in a fish-less tank might miss fish from that plant's natural habitat(sic).

Cheers!
NWK.
netherwinterknights
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby SanamMarik » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:55 am

I have to strongly disagree to this. I dont create a planted tank to keep fishes happy in my opinion.
Does the above statement is a good english? The frst word of the statement is 'I', thn why should i use imo at the end again?

Anyways, lets nt drag it any further. Just fr my knowledge, will u please explain, why plants need fishes for being happy in tank? :-\
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby netherwinterknights » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:07 am

SanamMarik wrote:I have to strongly disagree to this. I dont create a planted tank to keep fishes happy in my opinion.
Does the above statement is a good english? The frst word of the statement is 'I', thn why should i use imo at the end again?

Anyways, lets nt drag it any further.

I didn't know this was a forum dedicated to the English Language.
IMHO, I thought that, this was a forum dedicated to aquariums. Could have been my mistake. Ohh wait, I used "I" and "IMHO" in one sentence. I hope you don't strongly disagree to that.
You say that we shouldn't drag this any further, and then you willingly ask me a question again. =)) =)) =))
Now isn't that disagreeable?
netherwinterknights
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby SanamMarik » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:18 am

netherwinterknights wrote:
SanamMarik wrote:I have to strongly disagree to this. I dont create a planted tank to keep fishes happy in my opinion.

Anyways, lets nt drag it any further.

I didn't know this was a forum dedicated to the English Language.
IMHO, I thought that, this was a forum dedicated to aquariums. Could have been my mistake. Ohh wait, I used "I" and "IMHO" in one sentence. I hope you don't strongly disagree to that.
You say that we shouldn't drag this any further, and then you willingly ask me a question again. =)) =)) =))
Now isn't that disagreeable?

The qstn i asked is not a part for debate. Ur answer will help us understand how artificial eco systems work, Rather than making a post with no useful info when someone asked for help in understanding a crucial factor of the hobby. :)
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby SanamMarik » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:35 am

nirmalyawb1 wrote:Dear sanam kindly let me know what are the low demand plant in this initial stage I should try for...also the availability with approx price...also just give an idea on filtr

fr plants and some relate stuffs of importance- viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4039
if u buy Plants feom Galiff, to start with, 100-200 INR worth plants should be more than enough.
Before that< I would ask you to go through any online plant store and shortlist thea easiest ones, then let us know and we can let you know which are available locally... :)
filters-ipf is the soln if u r short on budget. I prefer very high flow in the tank and my 2' is presently running with 1000lph canister + 500lph power head.
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby nirmalyawb1 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Thank you so much sanam...its really a nice feeling always listening from you...I had never [img]thought[/img] of giving it a high thought....but I don't know gradually I have started sinking myself into the deeper level of water...wherefrom I don't want to come back nor I want...i thought of making a non planted cicilid tank...later thought of making a low light non co2 planted tank...later thought of light high...followed by ferts...arranging micro..arranging macro dry fert...finally ended up with a diy co2...which was my least expectation to do...but in all the steps I was getting a bit of success...definitely by sanam's inspiration and a lot of help from sudeepmandal's blog ....growing plants...new leaves are coming....light green bright leaves...happy fishes...only once I bought plant from galliff before a month and the present senario...i m happy..
nirmalyawb1
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby nirmalyawb1 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:19 am

Hi
nirmalyawb1
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Beginners Corner