New Marine Aquarium_Estimate Solution

If you are a beginner, post your questions, concerns here.
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: New Marine Aquarium_Estimate Solution

Postby ShirsenduM » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:52 pm

mr_feynman wrote:
ShirsenduM wrote:
kumar wrote:I think you must aim for that budget, but not really with above prices. I wont suggest you to go to any of those guys who suggested 15000, 50000,60000 or anything. Please understand, how much ever you pay if you do not know how to maintain you will kill them all anyway.

DO NOT expect these un-skilled or semi-skilled labor to be more educated than you. Dont just believe them, please read about the maintenance efforts, your daily time and MONEY required in setting a healthy marine, only then invest in which you can sustain for long time.

Importantly- [-x !
Don't harass a single member with all your queries, they might not be consultants, and theyd have personal life too, use the forum to post public queries so that more experts will help your, and more beginners like you will have notes to learn from this topic.

@ Kumar, your words are demotivating..!!! As I believe we educated people doesn't harass people for own stake.. Knowledge increases if you share with the people's who are interested in it.. Sorry if I had used any word which hurt you.. There was no such intention.. Rather saying all these if you would have guided me about the requirements it would be helpful..

Regards/Shirsendu

Whom did I harassed ?? Moreover if you guys are knowledgeable then it is good to share & motivate people so that they can also have a hand on that..!!! With your reply only I've not got any information.

Why'll I not be able to maintain it..?? Is there any super science in it.. I was not aware of the prices & heard good about the forum hence shared it in details..

N e ways thanks for the suggestion people like you also exist & others like helpful guys also exist. Who helps the hobbyists to fulfill their dreams or desire..

I found @Kumar very much correct in his thoughts!
My two pence for @Shirsendu:

This is not super science or rocket science. You may need to learn few chapters of the following subjects as many KAC freaks do:

1. Biology (fish, invertebrates and sometines even pests -- many sub divisions)
2. Biology (Plants and many sub divisions)
2.1 Biology of algae
3. Biology of corals / anemones etc (again delicate invertebrates)
4. Biology of bacterium (beneficial and pest both)
5. Water chemistry advanced level in aquarium section, kinda niche Ph.D =))
6. Vet medicines on aquatic animals
7. Optoelectronics and Optical physics -- good level in aquarium science.
8. Electrical wiring
9. Plumbing needs and designs
10. Basic idea on glasswares and pressure calculation (sometimes with acrylic)
11. May be Automation with electronics/ electrical equipments if fed up of daily manual on-off and parameter checking
12. Some basics in aesthetics like rules of 1/3rds etc.
13.Backup plans like Crisis management
14. and many more... this is just a tip of iceberg.

This may not be a rocket science!
And I am not demotivating you - but this is it!
We all do that in the course of this hobby - welcome on-board bro!

@ Finman - Dear do u understand "E N G L I S H"..!!!! Pls come out of the block..!!!!!! Mr. Biological Terrorist..!!!
If you want to reply/help then pls reply with Positive knowledge which is required to have a good & healthy saltwater aquarium of the mentioned dimension.!!! Where will I get it & the place where can I bought the required items at reasonable rates..!!!

Thank U AGAIN :-w
ShirsenduM
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby mr_feynman » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:32 pm

ShirsenduM wrote:
@ Finman - Dear do u understand "E N G L I S H"..!!!! Pls come out of the block..!!!!!! Mr. Biological Terrorist..!!!
If you want to reply/help then pls reply with Positive knowledge which is required to have a good & healthy saltwater aquarium of the mentioned dimension.!!! Where will I get it & the place where can I bought the required items at reasonable rates..!!!

Dear @ShirsenduM,

It is mr_feynman, not 'Finman'!
I do not understand your "E N G L I S H"... but English only that I understand!
And that's why I said Kumar's thoughts not his words!

The phrases you put together in this public forum for a fellow hobbyist who, just tried to tell that this hobby has much grey matter to invest if you are willing to understand, is really a showcase of your knowledge in "E N G L I S H"!
However, I feel this place is inappropriate for trolling/ bullying that you reflected in your comments!
I am simply avoiding this thread!

Good luck!

Regards,
mr_feynman
mr_feynman
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby ShirsenduM » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:49 pm

mr_feynman wrote:
ShirsenduM wrote:

Dear @ShirsenduM,

It is mr_feynman, not 'Finman'!
I do not understand your "E N G L I S H"... but English only that I understand!
And that's why I said Kumar's thoughts not his words!

The phrases you put together in this public forum for a fellow hobbyist who, just tried to tell that this hobby has much grey matter to invest if you are willing to understand, is really a showcase of your knowledge in "E N G L I S H"!
However, I feel this place is inappropriate for trolling/ bullying that you reflected in your comments!
I am simply avoiding this thread!

Good luck!

Regards,
mr_feynman

Check dis out Mr. Feynman ...!!! The biological terrorist...!!! You don't understand E N G L I S H...
Otherwise u wouldn't have replied..!! If u are not willing to help pls stay away..!!! For lectures I can attend classes.. But seriously I don need them..!! I like point to point reply..!! If you r aware den only reply... If not pls choose d right way..!!

Good Luck...!!!
ShirsenduM
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby suvrajit » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:18 am

@ShirsenduM,
this place is for sharing knowledge, helping one another, and not about blowing away heads of one another, Kumar & Feynman tried to help you out only, may be you felt insulted, but first try to acquire knowledge, Internet is always there, consult Mithun, Xargon and El batty & Asim, they have knowledge in salty part of hobby,
First try to be humble to acquire knowledge, read first,
for queries consult Mr. Ashok Khan of Water World, Howrah, this man is a professional, hope he can help you out,
& for marine, nothing comes cheap, but you should invest the funds rationaly
& moreover the medium of communication of this forum is "English", but this is no place to judge our language skills
Peace buddies, do not fight like toddlers
Suvrajit
Fishaholic
suvrajit
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby xarg0n » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:09 am

Shirsendu, dont get personal bro. People are trying to show you the entry point where to start from. Let me explain what Kumar wanted to convey. Sometimes we have seen a new member keeps on sending pms to specific few members for help, the reason being these members probably were most helpful in the thread. But there is a downside of this practice. When people do too much in pms, few very interesting information about hobby gets suppressed in the background, rather staying in the main discussion thread, which has more potential for helping a large number of audience, thus not fulfilling the very purpose of the forum in the first place. If you go through various old topics in this forum you will see there are many threads which ended incomplete. This is one of the prime reasons behind it. I know you have not yet even reached to that stage but kumar wanted to proactively ensure that the thread survives, not the personal messages. But he could not convey properly.

Also what Saptarshi said is right if you interpret it correctly. When I started marine for the first time 10 yrs back, I only studied for 1 yr, before starting my first tank, which was a 1.5 feet cube.
Bro studying and studying and studying has got no better alternatives if you really love the hobby. If you want to setup a marine just for show purpose I will request you humbly , to give it a second thought. Many has failed miserably with investments double than your first list , because they didnt love the hobby. They wanted to show off. When you love and respect your hobby , in due time it will become a showpiece money cant buy !
please try to understand whatever you are conveying here will later on benefit you only.

To all senior members:-

You all are seniors in experience and technicality of this hobby. But I suggest before replying to any thread , please try to understand the exp and proficiency level of the thread owner before replying anything at all. When a new person do not understand the essence of the reply , they start thinking seniors are making fun of them, which is not the case. If you all provide too much information than the person can digest , all that information has only one outcome, "indigestion". I have seen this too many times now. You all should start practicing this. When you start replying in any thread, you should precisely know where to stop. Gradually uplift the technicality and detailed description when you realize the receiver is fit enough. This is why I dont reply much these days, where most of the asked questions can be browsed from old discussion threads. We are responsible for making new hobbyists lazy if we start replying in any and every threads. Some times few people also think we are giving unnecessary gyans because they cant understand it. Guys you have got much better creations to do..but do support when you are absolutely needed. Nothing personal, just teach new hobbyists the hard way of learning.
Nothing else can make them complete.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby ShirsenduM » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:19 am

suvrajit wrote:@ShirsenduM,
this place is for sharing knowledge, helping one another, and not about blowing away heads of one another, Kumar & Feynman tried to help you out only, may be you felt insulted, but first try to acquire knowledge, Internet is always there, consult Mithun, Xargon and El batty & Asim, they have knowledge in salty part of hobby,
First try to be humble to acquire knowledge, read first,
for queries consult Mr. Ashok Khan of Water World, Howrah, this man is a professional, hope he can help you out,
& for marine, nothing comes cheap, but you should invest the funds rationaly
& moreover the medium of communication of this forum is "English", but this is no place to judge our language skills
Peace buddies, do not fight like toddlers

Thank U Suvrajit :) Your suggestion are most effective.. I didn't find any help in their reply :-B. I'd asked for something else & they got more theoretical.
However I don't have any personal grievance against Kumar & Feynman, might be they are superlative at their respective stakes. By reading most of the journals, I also came to know that most of the required items doesn't come cheap. rather I'd asked for the most trusted shop from where I can buy these @ reasonable rates, because the person who had quoted me with the price list seems to be unorthodox..

I respect all ^:)^ There's nothing bad against any one & since I was not getting any positive reply.. I got irritated..!!!!

Regards/Shirsendu
ShirsenduM
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Previous

Return to Beginners Corner