Introduce Yourself

Give a small introduction of yourself and your hobby so we can know you better
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Introduce Yourself

Postby admin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Before you go ahead and start posting in the forum, help us to know you better. Give a small introduction of yourself. Your name, Location, What you do, How long you are in the hobby, Your main area of interests in this hobby, a small details about Your current tanks etc etc.
Regards,
Team KAC
admin
Admin
Admin

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby arpankar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 am

Hi guys, this is Arpan here.
Taking the opportunity to post the first response in this wonderful forum.
A little about myself, I am out-and-out from Kolkata, and hold dear the vibes of this wonderful city. Professionally I'm a researcher, consultant and an educator in management. I have been tangled in this rather addictive hobby ever since I was 5 years old, and the mania has kept growing stronger with every single day. While I have been lucky to have kept a variety of aquatic pets, I am a lot into cichlids.
What else, hoping to get to know you all here.. :-) :-)
Regards,
Arpan Kar
Regards,
Arpan Kar
Happy fish-keeping
arpankar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby amitava » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:16 am

Hi,

I am Amitava Chakraborty.
I think most of the people in this board knows me. For others, I am software professional in CESC Ltd. Kolkata.
I don't know from when I am in this hobby, may be from 4-5 yrs. old.
Hobby starts from catching guppy from the drain and keeping in a horlicks jar.
Now I am very much into planted tanks.
For the new comers - This is very much addictive.
Be ready to get scolding from Father/Mother and most from your wife/hubby (if you are married).

If anybody wants to have any kind of help, please give me a phone call at - 9163518260 / 9903082394 :mrgreen:
Every morning I wakeup and look through the Forbes list of Richest people in the world. If I am not there I go to work.
amitava
Admin
Admin

Postby krishnendu » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:04 am

Hi friends,

I have been in this hobby from my school days, may be class 4 or 5, only kept bettas in horlicks jar or goldfish, colourful mollies or guppies in various jars i can manage from my mom's kitchen. In between I was separated from this hobby for few years due to personal reasons.
I again started my hobby in 2008 and joined KAC in Orkut. I am thankful to KAC for converting my hobby to passion. Before joining KAC, I was someone who would buy an aquarium on a day and put fishes and plants on the same day irrespective of their compatibility issues. Then I realised a lot of technical knowledge is required for proper maintenance of an aquarium.

In late 2009, I got attracted towards marine aquarium and presently I have one simple fish - only -with - L rock aquarium.

Regards,
Krishnendu

email- mondal.krishnendu@gmail.com
ph - 9007144708

Happy Fish keeping ...
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Tirtha » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:42 pm

I am Tirtha, originally from Midnapur, West Bengal. But now living like a drifter. Currently I am based out of Hyderabad.

In childhood, tried to keep couple of fishes I cought with my fishing rod in bottles and managed to throw away them dead within couple of hours. I was more interested keeping Tadpoles than fishes in my childhood though. :mrgreen:

I am actively in this hobby for past 7 years and mainly addicted to planted tanks. But right now I don't have any running planted tanks and keeping only a single Native fish tank with couple of sisy s in it.

From the first day of my hobby I am actively involved with KAC. Learned a lot of things from the fellow hobbyists and made many good friends. Always proud to be a part of KAC.
Regards,
Tirtha

A Bad Attitude is like a Flat Tyre. You cannot go anywhere until you change it.
Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Postby Aninda » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello All,

I was born in Kolkata but have lived in Banglore for 26 years. Its only been about 6 years that I have been in Kolkata and till now I must say that I am amazed and thrilled by what this city has offered.
KAC being one of them. This is not just been another of those online communities for me. I have made friends, learnt and unlearned things about this hobby. I can proudly say that that KAC has become a part of life OR rather a part of ME !!.

I must say that I started taking this hobby seriously only after I joined KAC. I had kept fish in the past like tetras, cory cats, guppy and danois to begin with. But then was not in touch with this hobby for long. Then I found KAC and which made me realise that I never understood that fish-keeping is a science in itself.

I am currently working with an MNC as an IT - Analyst within the IT Knowledge Management domain.

Apart from fish-keeping I love reading books (Ayn Rand, Orhan Pamuk, Somerset Maugham, Arthur Conan Doyle, Stieg Larsson and many others), Music (Floyd, Dire Straits, Eagles, Nirvana, Guns N Roses..), Love to travel and also photography excites me.

I had a Malawi setup previously and currently have an Angel only tank.
Last edited by Aninda on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warm Regards
Aninda
So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?
Aninda
Admin
Admin

Postby souvikray » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 pm

hii friends, this is Souvik Ray, from Barasat. i work with SBI.
i am in this hobby since childhood. it started from catching guppies from drain and local ponds n keeping them in jars.
after that went through all community fish tanks like every one else with gold fish, angel, mollys, goramis n bla bla bla. but since last few years i am seriously into planted hobby. i joined KAC on orkut in late 2007 and it was a big turn for my hobby. currently i have two tanks with lots of anubias n some other low maintenance plants.

phone- 8100605081

Happy Fish Keeping....!!! :)