Introduce Yourself

Give a small introduction of yourself and your hobby so we can know you better
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby adarshnarsaria » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:16 pm

My Name is Adarsh Narsaria

I live in Howrah Shibhpur

Been a part of the hobby since the time I was born as my Dad used to have this hobby but personally I Purchased my own betta tank as a personal hobby this January 2015 so yeah in a sense I am pretty new.

I have a 7.something US gallon Glass Tank Measuring 12" x 12" x 12"

I have a Betta Splendens, Two Platys, and two Cories.

I have a 25 watt Heater which does it job pretty well, A corner Water Polisher, And an undergravel Filter with only one stem Attached to it Basically all these combined keeps my tank pretty crystal clear.

My Personal Interest is to Upgrade it from a normal betta tank to a fully aquascaped natural betta habitat.

I have a small cave as a hiding place an Amazon Sword and a Cryptocoryne Becketti.

I am a student and i do pay regualr visits to gallif.

I want to know when and how you guys are available at gallif
Aquariums for life
adarshnarsaria
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby anirban » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:56 pm

I AM ANIRBAN SAHA. I LIVE IN RAMRAJATALA, HOWRAH . SINCE MY CHILDHOOD FISHKEEPING IS MY HOBBY. I HAVE A 3*1.5*1.5 TANK WITH ANJEL FISH .NOW I MAKE A 6*2*2 TANK WITH BURODA TO HOUSE DISCUS FISH .MY TANK WILL BE A BARE BOTTOM ONE WITH SOME FERN,JAVA MOSS AND ANUBIAS TIED ON DRIFTWOOD.WHAT SHOULD BE THE PROPER LED LIGHT FOR MY TANK(WATT ETC). I DONT KEEP ANY HOOD ON MY TANK.
anirban

Postby xmen_jis » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:25 am

Hi I am Debajit,

I live in Kalikapur near Ruby. I am a TCS employee.
I have hobbies like painting, photography, guitar etc.
I used to have a aquarium in long back (i was 10 years old) but was accidentally broken.
However I am very much interested to have a new aquarium. So I have joined this community so that I can learn from the experts and start my own.
Thanks
Debajit
xmen_jis
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby pratipsaha » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi All,

I am an IT professional by profession working with Wipro for the last 10 years. I started keeping fishes from i guess 2006, hence having a small experience with fishes. At present I have 2 fish tanks, one a smaller one of around 2 ft. which has tetras mainly with live aquatic plants, but the best part is the Electric blue ram which are electrifying :) . The other tank is around 5 ft in length and have many aquatic fishes, the best one is a pair of parrot fishes.
I am at present in kolkata for the last 5 years, but not sure for how long i will be here.
I would like to know more about the species and would also like to share experiences hence joined the group.

Regards,
Pratip
pratipsaha

Postby anupam mukherjee » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Hello folks,

Myself Anupam residing at Serampore, Hooghly. This year completed my MBA & working with SPICE DIGITAL LTD. presently in Kolkata. All started for me since I was in class 3 with my mother's aquarium. Had been keeping mollies, platties, tetras, angels and gold fishes in th 1.5 feeter tank. When I was in class 7 got another tank of dimensions 24"x18"x18".. Have been keeping the same fishes here also. Lately been keeping a lone silvershark, a feather fish and a blue turquoise discus(which died in january at around 7 months age). Trying to get a new tank of dimensions 36"x15"x18" and some seriousness to this hobby. Havent been to galiff till now. Seeking help from experts in this forum.

Regards,
Anupam Mukherjee
Regards,
ANUPAM MUKHERJEE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fish for Fish
anupam mukherjee
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Subhaditya » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi guys; I am Subhaditya. Before my intro, I must take this opportunity to thank KAC founding members who conceived this amazing idea of forming this group. A little something about me. Like most, I loved keeping guppies in Horlicks jars when I was a kid. Although I had a small tank with few plecos and gold fishes, unfortunately I wasn’t able to do much about taking this hobby further as I had to leave Kolkata for my studies. I am presently working in Qatar in a power plant since 2009. It was only last year when my passion of fishkeeping again lit up. I am presently trying to balance my interests between aquascaping and fish keeping, both being very close to my heart. I am so glad to be a part of this club and have no words enough to appreciate you guys who literally have taken fishkeeping in Kolkata to a new level. Its always great to meet some people who are as insane as me :) Keep it up guys .
Cheers!!!
Subhaditya
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby cht5 » Fri May 08, 2015 7:40 am

Hi Guys,

I am from Sarawak, Malaysia .. currently I am keeping some betta fishes and hillstream loaches (borneo sucker and sewellia lineolata) .. :)
cht5

Postby dawnroy27 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi All members,

I am Arunava from Madhyamgram, Kolkata. I am basically a dog lover and am new to this hobby but I am already loving the sight & togetherness with my fishes. currently I am having two tanks of 1 feet and the other 2.5 feet long, which I myself made, thanks to you tube. the smaller one is the home for 5 5 gold fish and the bigger one is housing 12 cichlids. I have lot to learn and hope all the members would help me in taking my hobby to the next level....... Thanks in advance.........

Love @runava
Warm Regards

@runava
dawnroy27
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby vijay.sadasivan » Fri May 22, 2015 8:31 am

Introduction. This might sound a little illiterate to you guys, but I can't seem to find the option of introducing myself. I see the topic but not the link/ option
Need a little help
vijay.sadasivan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby vijay.sadasivan » Fri May 22, 2015 9:04 am

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to do that. My name is Vijay and I'm from Bangalore. Ian 34 yrs old and work for a NBFC. Have always been into aquariums and fish keeping right from my childhood. I currently own a 5x2x2 planted Discuss take. I did have Another layout with short grass as the foreground which I brought down and decided to try my luck on Monte Carlo & and Discus and that's how I reached where I am today. I currently own around 25+ pieces ranging from 3 -7 inch and a few other Tetras in that tank. I do have some concerns but nothing urgent. Will bring it up during. The course of time. I have attached a few snaps of how my tank looked before I took it down and now.

That's for now. Looking forward to what lies ahead.

Cheers

Vijay Sadasivan (
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432285296.564195.jpg
https://vimeo.com/128573058attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432285258.614030.jpg[/attachment]https://vimeo.com/128573140
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vijay.sadasivan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Introduction