Introduce Yourself

Give a small introduction of yourself and your hobby so we can know you better
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby rahul » Sat May 23, 2015 7:29 pm

welcome vijay to kac. By the way love your tank as well as those discus.
As usual no introduction is enough to share anything be it planted or others.So request you to make a journal of your upcoming ventures.keep posting.
rahul

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby jayendra » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:38 am

admin wrote:Before you go ahead and start posting in the forum, help us to know you better. Give a small introduction of yourself. Your name, Location, What you do, How long you are in the hobby, Your main area of interests in this hobby, a small details about Your current tanks etc etc.

Hello friends,

My introduction -

Name - Jayendra Patil

location - Mumbai

Phone number - +91 8698821000

Years in hobby - Since childhood

Serious in hobby - From 2013 (Start with my Nano marine system)
jayendra

Postby sourav@bkp » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:30 am

Hello Everyone, I am Sourav,

I live in Barrackpore (Northern suburb). I work for a real estate firm. I have hobbies like collecting coins, computer gaming. recently found my growing interest in fishkeeping. I used to have a aquarium in long back (1X1X1) but was forced to dismantle after repetitive fish deaths the pump failure. However I am very much interested to have a new aquarium. So I have joined this community so that I can learn from the experts and start my own. i want to start a planted aquarium on my new 15 gal tank (2X1X1). will start it from august, right now collecting materials and acquiring knowledge. Thanx in advance.

Sourav
sourav@bkp

Postby himadri_hdas » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:42 am

sourav@bkp wrote:Hello Everyone, I am Sourav,

I live in Barrackpore (Northern suburb). I work for a real estate firm. I have hobbies like collecting coins, computer gaming. recently found my growing interest in fishkeeping. I used to have a aquarium in long back (1X1X1) but was forced to dismantle after repetitive fish deaths the pump failure. However I am very much interested to have a new aquarium. So I have joined this community so that I can learn from the experts and start my own. i want to start a planted aquarium on my new 15 gal tank (2X1X1). will start it from august, right now collecting materials and acquiring knowledge. Thanx in advance.

Sourav

Admin please forgive me for this post as it it not appropriate here.
Sourov i am also from barrackpore, chandanpukur area. I have a spare sobo brand 1200l/h ipf, a 800l/h top filter, one single outlet sobo air pump, 2 types substrates, and one 30x15x15 tank(bottom glass needs replacement) with 6mm thickness. Want to sell these at nominal price. If interested please inform me.
himadri_hdas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby zhi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Hello, This is zhimit, from Beleghata. BTech IT graduate. Currently preparing for civil service exam.

Got into this hobby since college. All knowledge about it is, from google and self experience but still a novice.
Previously owned two 10 gallon aquariums, one goldfish tank, another planted betta tank which i gave way to junior and friend when shifting residence.

Currently working on a 18 x 12 x 10.5 , to make a planted tank, will keep panda corys or just tetras. Brought most of the stuff needed from ebay and other site. Did not know about Galiff street until i stumbled upon this forum. Will visit soon.

Future plan - a 20 gallon planted community tank, hopefully in December, 2015. Also interested in a only dwarf puffer tank.

Have quite a few queries, will search existing appropriate posts and comment there.

Thanks. :)
~ life is what you make it...
zhi
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Aquarius34 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi folks,

I am Saugata from Shillong. I have kept fish since school, just fish. Couple of years ago I read a book on fishkeeping which nudged me towards planted tanks. Currently I have set up a 60 liter planted tank. Here for learning.

Cheers
Aquarius34

Postby ShubhamC » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:16 am

Shubham here,located at Kasba. Just a few months in with my 3' marine setup.
ShubhamC
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Sourav Bhowmick » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:41 am

Hi, I am Sourav. New to planted tank. Have setup a small planted garden pond before. And now have started a nano planted tank with shrimp. :) I am a 19 years old 1st year med student. that's all :ymhug:
Sourav Bhowmick
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby sankha » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:16 am

Hello Everyone,
Hope you and all your Tank buddies are doing great. I am Sankha Ray, an ex investment banker turned e-Commerce entrepreneur from Kolkata, My hobby for my finned friends begun when I was in std 3 and still remeber my first fish was a red molly and a black molly, which I kept inside a Bourne Vita bottle :) .Although I hailed from Kolkata but have to travell extensively all across India and abroad for my work, and guess what bonus I get by traveling to these places? wherever I go, I make sure to visit the local Pet/Aquarium stores and get amazed, enthralled and sometimes motivated by just looking that the way these people maintain their fishes, recently in one of my visits to Sri Lanka,got the opportunity to visit Asia's biggest marine/salt water breeding farm, it's huge guy!! believe me.
Presently I have a six foot marine tank with red, yellow tangs, lion fish, few common clowns,negro clowns, Moorish idols, Bi color Angels and few anemones, and i got myself my first pair of sea horse from Sri Lanka, and in the process of preparing my 4ft Cichild only tank.

Looking forward to get valuable insights and suggestions from all you wonderful guys out there. Cheers!!
sankha

Postby soumyaghosh » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:20 am

Hello Everyone,
This is Soumya. I am from Kolkata and work at Capgemini India. I am into fishkeeping since childhood. Started with a small glass Jar then shifted to 1 Feet Nano, then to 2 feet.
Freshwater/Marine/Reef/Planted....never heard of these until Abhirup added me to this forum. Learnt what is what. Till then knew of only Aquarium with some Goldfish & other fish.
Thanks to KAC, researched for a long time now with Marin Reef tank and finally see my dream coming true.
I am into REEF now. People please feel free to contact me in case you are interested in Marine.
My contact number is +91 9674843016
Regards,
Soumya Ghosh :)

Marine tank :- 48" x 30" x 20"
soumyaghosh
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Introduction